Friday, December 7, 2012

Life Outside of My Window One Cloudy Afternoon


It’s only three o’clock in the afternoon but the sun had totally hidden its rays.  The ambiance around was a picture of gloominess and without a watch to consult to you would assume it’s almost twilight time.

It was a boring afternoon and I was not in the mood of doing anything.   With nothing to keep me occupied at hand I decided to make an observation on the flow of life within the area where we live and out of a foolish notion I decided to take note of the activities observed. 

Not farther away which I presumed is coming from the basketball court which is not within my eye’s vision I could hear the shrieks and laughter of children playing and shouting unmindful of the misty surroundings.  Then came the shouts of a trike (a three wheel local transport for short distance travel) driver calling for passengers going out of our subdivision.  A lady in white and blue with a child in tow responded to his call. 

A husband and wife with their two year old son passed by heading toward the direction of the basketball court.  If you’re wondering how I knew the age of the child, it’s because the couple and their son are regular customers of my small variety store.  Then a man in yellow shirt riding a bike passed by going out of our subdivision.  I heard a roar of a coming motorbike and minutes later a blue motorcycle with two riders entered the subdivision gate.  Then two trikes loaded with two passengers each passed on the way out of the subdivision followed by a motorbike again driven by a man with a lady student as back rider. 

Two houses away three women neighbors are huddled together in what seems to be a very enjoyable exchange of conversations as I can see them laughing merrily from time to time.

Along the small creek located on the opposite side of the road near our house were several children who were walking along the edge of the riverbank searching for I don’t know what on the water below.

People walking also kept on coming in and going out of the subdivision.  Some of those coming in are holding plastic bags mostly transparent whose contents are food that may have been bought from a nearby “talipapa” (local term for a small market) intended to be prepared for dinner while some are just plainly walking while conversing with one another.  There were also students in their school uniforms who I presume are already on their way home.

These activities kept on going on all the time, trikes, motorcycles and cars coming in and out of our small neighborhood and, also the flow in and out of people walking.  

This is the daily course of life within our area which is a run of the mill occurrence and could not be considered interesting in any angle but had made me pass a couple of hours unnoticed and somehow assuage my uneasiness and boredom for the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment