Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lament of A Weary Heart


Lord I feel so alone and lonely
Emptiness and gloom now shroud my soul
Aware that I’ve been so uncaring in so many ways
A worthless and defiant child who refused to heed your incessant calls

Lord I am so weak and shattered
By the world’s perfidious and beguiling ways
Which sucked up my strength and misted up my senses
The shackles that bounded me and pulled me down to my knees  

Lord please hear this hapless child's plea  
Enfold my restless psyche with your compassion
Open my eyes and touch and heal my callous heart
And let me feel the contentment, peace and security of your affection       

Lord, let me walk with you again
Take away my foolishness and selfish desires
Fill me up with your spiritual courage, strength and wisdom 
To be my gears and shield to overcome temptations and combat troubles
                                 
Lord, into your hands I now surrender
My fears, sorrows,   pains, my whole existence
Anxieties, greed and smugness had smashed my spirit
Blighted my acuity and showed my unworthiness beyond your kindness and love

Let this supplication be not too late
In begging for your forgiveness and mercy
Let your divine guidance and all powerful affection Oh Lord
Be my key into your kingdom and authorization to enjoy eternal grandeur

And this our Almighty God and Father
You’ve made possible for us to access
Through the sacrifice of your Son Jesus
Our Redeemer Who reigns with you forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment